Wednesday 6 October 2010

Have the Coen Brothers got True Grit?

  I first heard about a remake to the John Wayne classic "True Grit" a while back and was quite nervous about how it would work, and more to the point be any good.

  I did put off watching the trailer for a while but curiosity and word of mouth got to me and all of it was positive.

  The first thing that got me wondering how good the remake would be is who they were going to get to play Marshal Reuben J. "Rooster" Cogburn. The one eyed law man played so well by Wayne in the classic 1969 film.  All my worries were quickly dispelled when Jeff "The Dude" Bridges appeared and looking very similar to "The Duke".  You can see what I mean by watching the trailer below

True Grit Trailer

Trailer © 2010 PARAMOUNT PICTURES. All Rights Reserved. 

True Grit hits UK cinemas on January 14, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment